Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All Things Possible (Mark 9:14-29) John MacArthur

http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/41-45

All right, let's open the Word of God to the ninth chapter of Mark's gospel. Mark chapter 9, and we're going to be covering a fairly lengthy portion of Scripture, contrary to the normal procedures here. Amazing, sometimes it's very brief, sometimes it's longer, depending on the nature of the text.

This is Mark chapter 9, beginning at verse 14. And rather than me read the text, I'm going to let the story unfold because it is a really fascinating story. But suffice it to say, there is a statement in the story to which I would direct your attention, and it's in verse 23, "All things are possible to him who believes." In response to that, in verse 24, "I do believe, help my unbelief." This is about faith. This is about believing. In fact, it is a lesson on the power of faith, a lesson on the power of faith...

No comments: