- Why did you decide to memorize large passages of Scripture?
- What are some of the passages you’ve committed to memory?
- How do you decide which passages you will memorize?
- You are known for reciting passages “dramatically.” Is there benefit in memorizing Scripture with dramatic recitation in mind?
- What are some of the blessings you’ve experienced in memorizing Scripture?
- What benefit is there in memorizing entire books of the Bible?
- Do you have any warnings or exhortations you’d want to extend to people who are seeking to memorize Scripture?
- What are some longer passages you would suggest for beginners?
- Describe the methodology you’ve used to file away large passages of Scripture.
- Can you share any final tips and tricks that may be useful?
Here is Ryan reciting Psalm 22:
And here he is reciting Hebrews 9 and 10:
Friday, December 26, 2008
Tim Challies @ http://www.challies.com interviews Ryan Ferguson on memorizing scripture. He asks: