Wednesday, September 20, 2006

God's Answers To Man's Excuses


By Charles Leiter
www.lakeroadchapel.org

God's Answers to Man's Excuses:
"I don't need God."
Job 34:14-15 - If He should determine to do so, if He should gather to Himself His spirit and His breath, all flesh would perish together, and man would return to dust.

"I'm a good person."
Luke 18:19 - No one is good except God alone.

"I've always tried to live a good life."
Romans 3:10-12 - There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understands; there is none who seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become useless; there is none who does good; there is not even one.

"I don't see anything wrong with the way I'm living."
Proverbs 30:12 - There is a kind who is pure in his own eyes, yet is not washed from his filthiness.

"Everybody else is doing it."
Exodus 23:2 - You shall not follow a multitude in doing evil.

"I would have to give up too much if I became a Christian."
Mark 8:36-37 - What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? For what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

"There are too many hypocrites in the church."
Romans 14:12 - So then each one of us shall give account of himself to God.

"I tried calling on God, but He didn't answer."
Isaiah 59:1-2 - Behold, the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; neither is His ear so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, so that He does not hear.

"I'll repent later."
Proverbs 29:1 - A man who hardens his neck after much reproof will suddenly be broken beyond remedy.

"I'm just neutral about Jesus."
Matthew 12:30 - He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

"It doesn't matter which religion you follow, as long as you are sincere."
Proverbs 14:12 - There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

"Men wrote the Bible."
2 Peter 1:21 - No prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

"The Bible has lots of contradictions."
Proverbs 14:6 - A scoffer seeks wisdom, and finds none, but knowledge is easy to him who has understanding.

"Everybody will be saved in the end."
Matthew 7:13-14 - Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it.

"The idea of Christ dying for my sins makes no sense to me."
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

"I believe in God."
James 2:19 - You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

"I've been a Christian all my life."
John 3:3, 6-7 - Jesus answered and said to him, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again."'

"Christ is my Savior, but not my Lord."
I John 2:4 - The one who says, 'I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

"I have plenty of time to get right with God."
Luke 12:20 - But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your soul is required of you.'

"God could never forgive me for what I've done."
Mark 3:28 - Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter.


God's Answers To Man's Questions

"Aren't there many ways to God?"
John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.'

"Did Jesus ever claim to be God?"
John 10:30, 33 - Jesus answered them, 'I and the Father are one.' The Jews answered Him, 'For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.'

"How do I know that Jesus is who He claims to be?"
John 7:16-17 - Jesus therefore answered them, and said, 'My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If any man is willing to do His will, he shall know of the teaching, whether it is of God, or whether I speak from Myself.'

"Isn't the Bible just a bunch of myths?"
2 Peter 1:16 - For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.

"What about all the contradictions in the Bible?"
Proverbs 14:6 - A scoffer seeks wisdom, and finds none, but knowledge is easy to him who has understanding.

"Why is there so much suffering in the world?"
Romans 5:12 - Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.

"What is the real purpose of life?"
Matthew 22:37-38 - And He said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment.'

"Aren't all men basically good?"
Romans 3:10-12 - There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understands, there is none who seeks for God; ...there is none who does good, there is not even one.

"Won't my good works outweigh my bad works?"
Isaiah 64:6 - For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment.

"Why did Christ die?"
1 Timothy 1:15 - It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.

"I don't really love Christ. Isn't it all right to be neutral?"
1 Corinthians 16:22 - If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed.

"What must I do to be saved?"
Acts 16:31 - Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved...

"How do I know God will receive me?"
Isaiah 55:6-7 - Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord, and He will have compassion on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.

"What is eternal life?"
John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.

"How could I ever change?"
2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

No comments: