One of the thorniest, most practical problems any pastor or Christian will deal with is forgiveness. Every Christians knows forgiveness is a good thing, but what does it mean? How do we do it? Is it always necessary no matter the circumstances?Kevin DeYoung @ http://www.revkevindeyoung.com interviews Chris Brauns on the topic of forgiveness. He asks:
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? Do you have a family? Where are you serving now? Why does your book reference the Lansing State Journal?
2. Your book "Unpacking Forgiveness: Biblical Answers for Complex Questions and Deep Wounds" is very good. Thank you for it. How did you get interested in the topic of forgiveness?
3. What are some of the common misconceptions about forgiveness?
4. You talk a lot about therapeutic notion of forgiveness. What is this and why is it so dangerous?
5. Probably the most provocative aspect of your book is the repeated assertion that forgiveness is conditional. What do you mean by this? What don't you mean?
6. As you've talked about this topic in different places, how do people respond to the message? Have you changed your mind on any aspect of the book? Have certain areas been reinforced even more strongly?
7. Are you working on any more book projects?
8. What books are your reading right now?
9. What are some of the unique challenges and blessings of being at a rural church?