Sunday, December 16, 2007

5 Helpful Prayers

By: Jon Bloom @ http://www.desiringgod.org

Here are 5 “Ds” that I have made part of my daily prayers:

Whatever it takes, Lord, give me...

  • Delight in you as the greatest treasure of my heart.

    Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)

  • Desire to know you, be with you, and seek your kingdom above all else.

    Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)

  • Discernment that comes from a renewed mind that I might know your will.

    But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:14)

  • Discipline to plan for what I discern as your will.

    Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15-16)

  • Diligence to do your will with all my heart.

    You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. (Deuteronomy 6:5)

No comments: