Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dating with Purpose & Purity

By Colin Adams@ http://unashamedworkman.wordpress.com

The following was posted today on my wife’s blog titus2talk. If you’ve spoken before on the subject, I’d be interested to know about any resources you’ve found helpful…

couple-gazing-color2.jpg

Tonight my husband and I are giving a talk to our youth group at church. They have asked us to speak on dating. I don’t have time to go into all that we will touch on, except to say that the more we read on this issue, two things are continually brought home to us: Dating with purpose and dating with purity.

I simply therefore want to highlight a few resources that we have found helpful in our reading. For those of you who are contemplating dating, or are already involved in such a relationship, take time to read the short articles on this subject from Boundless, and for a more in depth read, both books by Joshua Harris are recommended.

Biblical Dating: An Introduction
Biblical Dating: Are You Ready to Date?
What Does a Biblical Relationship Look Like?
Biblical Dating: To Kiss or not to Kiss?
Does God Bring People Together?
Stop Test-Driving Your Girlfriend
Brother, You’re Like a Six!

“I Kissed Dating Goodbye” by Joshua Harris
“Boy Meets Girl” By Joshua Harris

No comments: