Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A new Paris?

by Mickey McLean @ http://www.worldmagblog.com

I know. I know. We've all just about reached our limit on hearing "news" about Paris Hilton. But now that she has brought God into the picture, it's hard for a blog that discusses Christian worldview issues to completely ignore it.

In case you've missed it, in a phone interview with Barbara Walters, Hilton claims that while in jail she's become a changed woman:

"I'm not the same person I was. I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here. I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance."

Although her new-found spirituality appears to be mixed bag - her jailhouse reading list includes The Secret, The Power of Now, and the Bible, and she's enlisted the help of a "spiritual adviser" - let's hope and pray the Word of God will take precedence in her life and take root. Wouldn't it be something if the person most emblematic of our narcissistic culture turned her life around by turning to God?

No comments: