Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sources to Help You Speak Against Abortion

Suggestions from Justin Taylor @ http://theologica.blogspot.com

John Piper lists some Sources to Help You Speak Against Abortion. Though I once would have vehemently disagreed with his conclusion, I now concur wholeheartedly: "May the Lord give you courage to address the carnage. I find it appalling that there are pastors and churches that NEVER address this issue."

Update: Also check out Scott Klusendorf's address to 3,000 students last Wednesday at Cedarville University. It's a mix of pro-life apologetics, gospel, and tactical suggestions. In my opinion, Klusendorf is one of the most articulate, winsome defenders of life in America today.
___________________________________________________________________
From Ian Clarey @http://ruminationsbythelake.blogspot.com/

I had often heard about such videos. I wondered what it would be like if I actually saw one. How would I handle it? Where would I be? At a meeting, with a group of other watchers? I didn't expect to be sitting at my kitchen table in my Toronto apartment. I didn't know how I would feel inside. It's really psychologically affective. I can't believe that this is real and that people actually go through with this.
God help us.

John Piper has a list of resources to use in the battle against abortion ("carnage" as Piper calls it). The following link will take you to a pro-life website that has footage of an abortion running on its homepage. Do not click it unless you are prepared. I knew what I was doing when I clicked the link. What a sad, horribly sad, video. It made me want to cry and to vomit. I could never desensitise myself to this.

We decry abuse towards animals - yet this is free choice. Damn your freedom. This is murder.

No comments: