Gary Rohrmayer @www.garyrohrmayer.typepad.com presents an interesting post on NorthBridge Church in Antioch, IL. He notes that at their one year anniversary banquet, raised $17,000.00 to give into their community and cast the vision for three other churches to simply love a local struggling school district by turning a useless, old school building into a functional classroom. Here is the newspaper article on the project: Download NorthBridge School Article.pdf
A few take aways:
1) There are hurting organizations in your community. Open your eyes and ears to see and hear the hurting.
2) Ask people how you can help them. Don't tell them what you want to do.
3) Don't do it alone. Involve the larger body of Christ.
4) Love them unconditionally in the name of Jesus.
5) New churches can make a big difference!