Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Left Behind at Christmas?

From Shane Rosenthal (Producer, White Horse Inn) @ http://kimriddlebarger.squarespace.com/the-latest-post/2006/12/14/left-behind-at-christmas.html

Something we hope Santa will Leave Behind...

If you're a huge fan of the Left Behind series, and you love video games, perhaps Left Behind: Eternal Forces is for you. This does bring up an interesting question, however. Is it a good work to play a Christian video game? I'll leave that one for the theologians, but in the meantime, check out the following critical review:

"[Left Behind: Eternal Forces] is based on the ultra-popular Left Behind series of books, and the first book is helpfully included in the box with the game. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried to read the book. I thought it would be helpful for me to know the source material for the review, and it might give me a little insight into the series as a whole. I put it down in disgust after the first fifty pages. The writing is just horrible. The fact that 65 million hojillion people bought these books and enjoyed them scares the hell out of me. When you start longing for the florid prose of a dime-store romance novel, you know that, stylistically, what you're holding in your hands is pretty bad...."

For the full review, head to: http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/leftbehind.ars

No comments: