From Darrel Brooker @ www.drbrooker.net

One of the wonderful things about collecting antiquarian books are the surprises sometimes found hidden between two pages. It is not uncommon to flip through an old volume and come across something that someone decided to store within the book they once owned. I have found leaves from a tree still well-preserved after more than a century. I have clippings of old obituaries and portions of old church bulletins. There have been recipes, advertisements, and a number of other miscellaneous things people wanted to save. The other day I found this card neatly tucked near the back of a Sword & Trowel annual. I thought it an appropriate prayer to post as another year is upon us. Someone thought it worthy of saving about 130 years ago, just as I think it worthy of sharing now. Blessings.

prayer.jpg