I. BEFORE WE BEGIN. . .
1. This is an important issue, but it is not a first-level doctrine.
2. The point of 1 Corinthians 12–14 is love, and a major purpose of the gifts is edification (1 Cor. 12:7).3. It is possible to be confused about spiritual gifts.
4. Not every continuationist is the same.5. Not every cessationist is the same.
7. I have been greatly blessed by some continuationists.
6. We’re not talking about miracles, we’re talking about miraculous gifts.
8. As a cessationist, I love the Holy Spirit.