WHY DRAW BOUNDARIES AT ALL?
1. False Teaching Harms the Church
2. False Teaching Spreads
3. False Teaching Causes Controversy and Distracts
4. Jesus Holds Us Responsible
WHY DRAW NEW BOUNDARIES?WHEN SHOULD WE DRAW NEW BOUNDARIES?
HOW DO WE DISCERN WHEN NEW BOUNDARIES ARE NEEDED?
2. Effect on Other Doctrines
3. Effect on Personal and Church Life
4. Historical Precedent
5. Perception of Importance Among God’s People
6. Purposes of the Organization
7. Motivations of Advocates8. Methods of Advocates
SOME WRONG QUESTIONS TO ASK
"Are the advocates my friends?"
"Are they nice people?"
"Will we lose money or members if we exclude them?"
Such questions are grounded in a wrongful fear of man, not in a fear of God and trust in God.
We look back with admiration and thanksgiving on those from previous generations who defended many important doctrines of our faith, but with disappointment and shame on those who failed to take a clear stand. Now God has entrusted us with a stewardship in this generation. Now the choice of whether to do something or nothing about false doctrine is up to us.