1. Does the potential deacon drink alcohol?
2. Does the potential deacon exhibit godly generosity and self-denial or greed when it comes to personal financial matters?
3. Does the potential deacon encourage others in generosity or does he/she foster selfishness and financial self-concern in others?
4. Does the potential deacon demonstrate pastoral care and self-sacrifice when interacting with others in need?
5. Is the potential deacon honest in his or her financial dealings? Do they pay their bills on time? Do they report accurately on tax returns?
6. What is the potential deacon's attitude toward wealth?
Deacons filled with Spirit, evidencing self-control, are tremendous blessings from the Lord. They faithfully wait tables and therein multiply the ministry of the word and prayer in any congregation.