Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Crisis Control

Michael Ross @ www.boundless.org has some helpful tips for dealing with a crisis. He begins by defining his terms:

Crisis: A time of great danger or trouble.

Control: To have the power of ruling, managing or guiding.

Who's in Control?

The Right Focus

"'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.' The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress" (Psalm 46:10-11).

I can trust His Word when life feels hopeless:

"For Christ died for sins once and for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God" (1 Peter 3:18).

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

"Again Jesus said, 'Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.' And with that he breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit'" (John 20:21-22).

"This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world" (1 John 5:3-4).

No comments: