Monday, June 16, 2008

Please… Don’t Come to My Church

pews

From Monday Morning Insight:

Nick had a great post over at Essential Shift last week. The first paragraph really grabbed my attention: " If I had it my way I would do away with outreach events. I would get rid of every event we hold at our church that is geared towards bringing non-Christians to our church. Now let me explain. Non-Christians are non-Christians for a reason, and they don’t come to church for a reason. 99% of everyone here in America has been to a church, has been invited to a church, or has been witnessed to, and there are still those who want nothing to do with the church. Why do we think that inviting them to a murder mystery night get them to change their mind? I’ll tell you why, we want it on our turf, we want to call the shots." Read the full post here...

No comments: