Thursday, January 04, 2007

The "Joy Quartet" at Pensacola Christian College teach us about the Arminian doctrine of free will: Ugh



Chad V. Says: Wow, ummm…. so who was that song “praising”, man or the Lord? Apparently it’s okay to exalt man’s freewill at a church service that’s supposed to be praising the Lord. This song sort of riechs of Pelagianism. Also, why didn’t they talk about our need of repentance, and salvation from the wrath of God because of sin? Why didn’t the end of the song after”God” asks “will it be yes or no” say, “If it’s no then the fires of hell await you for all eternity.” Apparently God’s love for us is found in the gift fo free will at Pensacola. My bible says; but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.(Romans 5:8). Nothing about freewill here. I’m gonna go have some ice cream now. I deserve a treat after listening to that.

Doug
Says :The chorus of that sappy song should actually be: “If I gave you freedom, your response would always be no….”

Thank God that he didn’t leave me to my own choice, because I would never have choose Him!

Mark Says:Ah, Pastor Jim. This is dated, he left PCC under a cloud of controversy.

Happened last spring (06), just after I heard him conduct the funeral of a friends 6 year old girl. After he finished, my 12 year old thought it was sad he could not comfort the family with his
sermon.

What you have seen is tame compared to most PCC antics. They are legalistic, almost cultic. The insurance company I formerly worked for insured their auto fleet. I was out on the campus every week.

Chad V, Pelagius is too orthodox for them. Once, one of them engaged me in conversation. This was unusual since there was not another “student” or faculty member present. When he
found out I was a pastor, he asked how many souls had I saved? My reply of God saves, not I, caused him no end of problems. He honestly thought I was in league with satan by the time we finished our conversation. I guess laughing at some of his more empty headed comments
did not help. Sometimes you have to laugh, so as not to cry.

R. Santos Says: And all the inhabitants of the earth [are] reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and [among] the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? Dan 4:35

Peter Sarjeant Says: Psalm 14: 1-4 CONTRASTED with Psalm 110: 3; Psalm 65:4; and James 1:18. Whew: Just had to recheck my Bible to make sure that the above verses were still in there.

They were.

No comments: