- Apostles’ Creed (with motions) - We quote the updated one (click here), and we use hand motions as well. Our son loves the story of Christ, especially “on the third day, he ROSE AGAIN!!!” (insert brief moment of bed-jumping here.)
- May the Lord Almighty grant us and those we love a peaceful night and a perfect end.
- Our help is in the Name of the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. (Psalm 124:8)
- Confession: Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we have sinned against you, through our own fault, in thought, word and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. For the sake of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, forgive us all our offenses, and grant that we may serve you in newness of life, to the glory of your name, Amen. (The Book of Common Prayer)
- Gloria: Glory to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and will be forever, Amen.
- Bible Memorization: Choose a psalm or a Bible passage you want your kids to know by heart. Quote it here for a few weeks.
- The Lord’s Prayer: We use the ESV.
- Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit, for you have redeemed me, O Lord, O God of truth. Keep me, O Lord, as the apple of your eye. Hide me under the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 17:8, 31:5)
- Personal, spontaneous prayers: Each member of the family prays for a minute or two whatever is on our hearts.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Trevin Wax @ has some helpful suggestions on Bedtime Prayers with our Children. He notes: