Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Killing the Sin in Your Life

Killing the Sin in Your LifeJohn MacArthur @ http://www.sfpulpit.com posted a series of posts adapted from a message John preached on a practical plan for overcoming personal sin.

He lists:

1. Recognize the Presence of Sin in Your Flesh.

2. A Heart Fixed on God.

How to Kill Sin in Your Life

The Psalmist said in Psalm 57:7, “My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed.”

The Psalmist said in Psalm 119:6, “Then shall I not be ashamed.” When? When will you not be ashamed? “When I have respect unto all thy commandments.”

How to Kill Sin in Your Life


3. Meditate on the Word.

Third, the victorious Christian life is a life that dwells on the Word of God (cf. Psalm 1:2).

4. Commune with God in Prayer.

5. Cultivate Obedience.

Paul said, “I haven’t attained,” I love this, “but,” he said, “I press towards the mark” (cf. Php. 3:14).

Likewise, Peter said that our lives should be characterized by obedience to the truth (1 Pet. 1:22).

No comments: