1. Because it denies the reality of God’s sovereignty (by affirming the existence of luck or chance)
2. Because it is built on irresponsible stewardship (tempting people to throw away their money)
3. Because it erodes a biblical work ethic (by demeaning and displacing hard work as the proper means for one’s livelihood)
4. Because it is driven by the sin of covetousness (tempting people to give in to their greed)
5. Because it is built on the exploitation of others (often taking advantage of poor people who think they can gain instant wealth)
For the full sermon discussing these five points in detail, click here.