Five questions you can ask when evaluating music:
1. What is the lyrical content of the song? Are the words true? Are they biblically accurate?
2. Does the way in which the lyrics are presented cheapen the message?
3. Does the song make you conscious of the Lord, and draw you to Him, or does it distract from true worship?
4. Do the musical style and performance promote and facilitate a worshipful atmosphere? Or do they somehow undermine the truth and purity of the lyrical content?
5. Is the life‑style of the musician honoring to God?